Monday, March 27, 2017

Johnny Rotten, Trump, and Brexit

Johnny Rotten, now an American citizen, tells where he stands on the president of the United States and Brexit.

On Brexit:

JOHN LYDON (JOHNNY ROTTEN): The working class have spoke, and I'm one of them, and I'm with them. There it is.

On Donald Trump:
LYDON: The Donald, well, there's a complicated fella. And as one journalist once said to me, 'Is he the political Sex Pistol?' In a way, but what I dislike is the Left-wing media in America are trying to smear the bloke as a racist, and that's completely not true. There's many, many problems with him as a human being, but he's not that. And there just might be a chance that something good will come out of that situation because he terrifies politicians. And this is joy to behold.

PIERS MORGAN: Right. I mean, that very much is the Sex Pistols' thing, anti-establishment. He is the absolutely archetypal anti-establishment character.

LYDON: Dare I say, a possible friend. Think of the rows we could have!



I suppose the most controversial thing one can say is to voice support for Trump. If one wants attention, come out in support of Trump. There will be a reaction.

So, there it is.


No comments: